This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Matt Rice <ratmice at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>, GDB <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 10:01:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- References: <8738q4gj7a dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <201308222010 dot r7MKAljG013904 at glazunov dot sibelius dot xs4all dot nl> <87wqnda0tm dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOr1ivRrGs2GtJU3cXgYJAzEx-wdatuzoY9NBDmh4jJqpg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CACTLOFouYgxGG46NZ=1zyJ9W50R93Tuf9SHLrZBD3GYjptx39A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOox5w9uPQj8DN5C0KiWYc1++eoBqJ7Nty53udyJHVxe1g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CACTLOFoQR=7yVa2xH568qh5bnoP=_JNG8Wu7o9cVLvD9w=3UUg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Matt Rice <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 9:37 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Matt Rice <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>>> I assume git repo has both binutils and gdb. Is that possible to
>>>> only checkout binutils portion?
>>> you can do this with sparse checkouts, but note that it is something
>>> you will have to do on the client side, as far as I know there is no
>>> way to configure this from the server side/on cloning, and your .git
>>> dir will contain history for both..
>> Does sparse checkout work for binuitls/gdb git repo?
>> Has anyone tried?
> It did the last time that I tried, and was even useful for doing an
> uberbaum tree using the gcc git mirror, this may make maintaining the
> files existing in both repositories easier, but since it required a
> different conversion of the repositories than the current mirrors, I
> haven't done so recently.
We need to provide scripts to enable sparse checkout for
binutils and gdb.