This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- From: Matt Rice <ratmice at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>, GDB <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:24:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- References: <8738q4gj7a dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <201308222010 dot r7MKAljG013904 at glazunov dot sibelius dot xs4all dot nl> <87wqnda0tm dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOr1ivRrGs2GtJU3cXgYJAzEx-wdatuzoY9NBDmh4jJqpg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I assume git repo has both binutils and gdb. Is that possible to
> only checkout binutils portion?
you can do this with sparse checkouts, but note that it is something
you will have to do on the client side, as far as I know there is no
way to configure this from the server side/on cloning, and your .git
dir will contain history for both..
(sorry H.J. if you receive this twice)