This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>, GDB <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:09:13 -0700
- Subject: Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- References: <8738q4gj7a dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <201308222010 dot r7MKAljG013904 at glazunov dot sibelius dot xs4all dot nl> <87wqnda0tm dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOr1ivRrGs2GtJU3cXgYJAzEx-wdatuzoY9NBDmh4jJqpg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130823155534 dot GR5147 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOpKarnb7LfQ+pNrZgnzAvB2L-VsVuAxTVCK7M7zjRJ9Yw at mail dot gmail dot com>
> What is wrong with git mirror? I only use CVS for checkin and use git
> mirror for everything else. The only minor inconvenience I run into is the
> git mirror delay.
Git mirror is an improvement, but still an archaic solution compared
to the power of a git repository. We will have to get out of CVS
eventually, as the tool gets less and less used, so let's do it sooner
rather than later. I don't think that losing partial checkouts is
that big a price to pay.