This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>, GDB <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:03:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- References: <8738q4gj7a dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <201308222010 dot r7MKAljG013904 at glazunov dot sibelius dot xs4all dot nl> <87wqnda0tm dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOr1ivRrGs2GtJU3cXgYJAzEx-wdatuzoY9NBDmh4jJqpg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130823155534 dot GR5147 at adacore dot com>
On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
>> I assume git repo has both binutils and gdb. Is that possible to
>> only checkout binutils portion?
> AFAIK, partial checkouts are not possible with git. That's one of
> the reasons I felt it was so tough to get out of CVS.
What is wrong with git mirror? I only use CVS for checkin and use git
mirror for everything else. The only minor inconvenience I run into is the
git mirror delay.