This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- From: <Paul_Koning at Dell dot com>
- To: <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, <tromey at redhat dot com>, <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>, <gdb at sourceware dot org>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 16:03:30 +0000
- Subject: Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- References: <8738q4gj7a dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <201308222010 dot r7MKAljG013904 at glazunov dot sibelius dot xs4all dot nl> <87wqnda0tm dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOr1ivRrGs2GtJU3cXgYJAzEx-wdatuzoY9NBDmh4jJqpg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130823155534 dot GR5147 at adacore dot com>
I've heard that the answer may be better in recent versions. If not, you can consider Subversion instead, since it certainly has the ability.
On Aug 23, 2013, at 11:55 AM, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
>> I assume git repo has both binutils and gdb. Is that possible to
>> only checkout binutils portion?
> AFAIK, partial checkouts are not possible with git. That's one of
> the reasons I felt it was so tough to get out of CVS.