This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch, libtool] Patch libtool.m4 at top-level for autoconf 2.68
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:17:05 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch, libtool] Patch libtool.m4 at top-level for autoconf 2.68
- References: <e62f2fe2-ec4d-413a-9ce7-92ba27f0d006 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <20130823001536 dot GW3430 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1308231454090 dot 22185 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
Joseph> There is no automatic merging at toplevel, only for certain
Joseph> subdirectories (because of a lack of consensus on making GCC the
Joseph> master for all the shared toplevel files).
How about we reopen this and try to get consensus?
I don't remember the last time this came up. So I don't know what the
arguments are. However it seems to me that gcc-as-master has worked out
reasonably well for libiberty and other files -- what makes top-level
Joseph> (On which note, the next release of autoconf will warn about use
Joseph> of the obsolete configure.in filename, and the src repository
Joseph> still has a lot of such files that haven't been renamed to
Just a friendly warning to anybody changing this: src-release refers to
various configure.in files, so it will need an update at the same time.
I suggest grepping the whole tree for "configure.in"...