This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Solaris 10/11 64-bit compile?
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Amos <a dot goo0h at gmail dot com>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 11:59:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: Solaris 10/11 64-bit compile?
- References: <CAK2viQXG1YWBMEFWNSCtHctw6Upx5zuG2PJdmPhWMa35pNNQfA at mail dot gmail dot com>
I thought I'd try to compile 64-bit a recent snapshot of binutils on
Solaris 10 and 11 (on SPARC.) I encounter the following:
cache.c: In function 'bfd_cache_max_open':
cache.c:85:21: error: comparison between signed and unsigned integer
&& rlim.rlim_cur != RLIM_INFINITY)
I think that this must be a bug in the Solaris system header file that
defines RLIM_INFINITY. It really ought to be defined as a value that is
compatible with the fields in the rlimit structure.
You could try to work around the problem by adding a cast:
&& rlim.rlim_cur != (rlim_t) RLIM_INFINITY)