This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- From: Steinar Bang <sb at dod dot no>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 08:53:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- References: <8738q4gj7a dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <201308222010 dot r7MKAljG013904 at glazunov dot sibelius dot xs4all dot nl>
>>>>> Mark Kettenis <email@example.com>:
> ... It's slow; updating a tree takes significantly more time
> than with cvs as it insists that I stash my local changes first.
That's only the case if you have local changes in a file that will be
overwritten by upstream changes.
> It's buggy; I had it just sit there and spin forever on a git pull on
> several occasions.
Hm... what version of git are you using, on what platform?
> It encourages the annoying "send the gazillian diffs in a series
> again, just because I've fixed a single spelling mistake in one of
> them" behaviour.
That's sounds really strange. Do you rebase, rather than merge?