This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch, libtool] Patch libtool.m4 at top-level for autoconf 2.68
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:45:36 +0930
- Subject: Re: [patch, libtool] Patch libtool.m4 at top-level for autoconf 2.68
- References: <e62f2fe2-ec4d-413a-9ce7-92ba27f0d006 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org>
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 11:18:06AM -0700, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> I submitted a patch to GCC to update libtool.m4 in the top-level GCC and
> binutils trees with some changes that are in the upstream libtool.m4. It
> fixes some warnings that we get when using autoconf 2.68 which is currently
> used in libgloss and newlib. If it is approved in GCC is it OK to check it
> in to the binutils tree as well?
That may even happen automatically, but if not, yes you can commit
this sort of patch to binutils. I also want to import current
upstream libtool.m4 into gcc..
Australia Development Lab, IBM