This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>, Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 08:50:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- References: <8738q4gj7a dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <1377099478 dot 5770 dot 76 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
> There was a comment on the gdb list about releasing GDB 7.7 before the
> transition, I wonder if it would make sense to release a Binutils 2.24
> as well? In general, I am in favor of the transition and I don't think
> doing (or not doing) a binutils 2.24 release should be a blocker for the
> move to git, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new release before the
I think it should depend on when 2.24 is scheduled to be released.
2.23 was released end of Oct 2012. Tristan, are you planning on
releasing 2.24 around that time as well? And what do you think of
the suggestion to wait for the release? IIRC, you were telling me
that a lot of the process was manual, so perhaps a switch to git
wouldn't impact you as much for producing the release?