This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- From: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 23:59:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- References: <8738q4gj7a dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
On 20/08/13 22:12, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I'd like to move gdb and binutils from CVS to Git. I've done much of
> the preliminary work and I will do the remainder, including the
> inevitable follow-up bug-fixing.
I have no technical points, other than a hearty approval of this move.
git is stable, well used, and far more efficient than equivalent
source control versions. There are many reasons, which I won't go
into here (but a quick search on the net will tell you why).
Also there are many, many transition guides for CVS users, one example
of which is here:
That's not definitive, but an example.
Anyway I look forward to the transition. And thanks for doing this.