This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 14:19:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: A Proposal to Move to Git
- References: <8738q4gj7a dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
I've glanced at the plan, and I have to say that I am pretty excited
if this becomes reality :). Thanks for doing this, Tom!
> I'd like to do the final switch around mid-September. Not sooner,
> because I am going to be away for a little while near the end of
> August, and I want to be available to fix problems.
Also, I think it would be better to just get the 7.7 release out
the door with CVS, allowing us then a few months to transition to
git without impacting any release. Chance are that, if switching
over to git, I'll rewrite all release scripts rather than adapt them,
as a lot of stuff could be done better, as well as completely
automated instead of semi-manual.