This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Should the assembler pad a section to its alignment?
- From: Roland McGrath <mcgrathr at google dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <mcgrathr at google dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:27:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: Should the assembler pad a section to its alignment?
- References: <CAB=4xhr+RxieMMYbn53RyKaMYtveyt1eEDzVdPoHJszAU1S=sw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130817014046 dot GJ4024 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> SUB_SEGMENT_ALIGN is what you're looking for.
Thanks. Now I see how the difference comes about, and how to change the
code to make it uniform. I still have no idea what rationale there ever
might have been for the current behavior.
Moreover, nobody has offered any opinions on whether it ought to change
and, if so, in which direction. Am I the only one who cares either way?