This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Should the assembler pad a section to its alignment?
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <mcgrathr at google dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 11:10:46 +0930
- Subject: Re: Should the assembler pad a section to its alignment?
- References: <CAB=4xhr+RxieMMYbn53RyKaMYtveyt1eEDzVdPoHJszAU1S=sw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 04:17:06PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> consistent across all ELF targets in this regard. (I have not
> investigated what code in the assembler causes the difference.)
SUB_SEGMENT_ALIGN is what you're looking for.
Australia Development Lab, IBM