This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: LD link to memory instead of writing to file
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: SammyG <sammygamuel at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:15:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: LD link to memory instead of writing to file
- References: <520398A3 dot 9020403 at gmail dot com>
I'm writing to ask if there is a way to write a linked program to memory
rather than to a file using ld?
Sorry no, there is no such facility. Why would you want this anyway ?
Have you tried directing the output of the linker to a RAM filesystem ?