This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: Use .plt section sh_entsize instead of GET_PLT_ENTRY_SIZE
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GDB <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 15:19:01 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: RFC: Use .plt section sh_entsize instead of GET_PLT_ENTRY_SIZE
- References: <CAMe9rOp9JdK96fXHL-ViJxMh371kgxONgYTHeXrYnBfm4AgdjQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, 9 Aug 2013, H.J. Lu wrote:
> We need to increase x86-64 PLT entry size to 32 bytes to
> support Intel MPX.
I don't like this at all. The suggestion from Ian or Alan (don't
remember) with multiple plts sounds much better. Only 2 plt slots per
icache line seems quite horrible when not needed. IIRC you said "it
sounds complicated" to that idea. I say, "so what?". Life is hard.