[Gold] Can't we specify input files & libraries in linker scripts ?

Hi Lan:
    Sorry to bother you again.
We have ported the Gold to our DSP architecture and we have encountered some difficulties and really need your help.

It's ok to specify the input files & libraries in the command line,But if we add default libraries to be linked in linker script with the "GROUP" clause, "internal error" occurs. This "internal error" occurs because of the assertion in binutlis-2.23.2/gold/script.cc:1600 ,which says :

gold_assert(!closure.saw_inputs());

Does it means we can't specify any input files & libraries in linker script ?

thanks in advance.

Shawn.