This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
LD write linked output to memory buffer
- From: SammyG <sammygamuel at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 23:12:00 +0800
- Subject: LD write linked output to memory buffer
I'm writing to ask if there is a way to write a linked program to memory
rather than to a file using ld? I've taken a look through the source and
ld appears to use BFD to write the final file. In BFD there was a flag
that could be set to store the main BFD struct in memory however this
caused a crash when I tried it with ld.
1. Is there some officially supported method within ld to write to memory?
2. If not, what would I need to modify in order to make this happen?
Thanks a lot.