This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [SPARC] Add LEON architecture
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: ebotcazou at adacore dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 00:08:21 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [SPARC] Add LEON architecture
- References: <201308041509 dot 12929 dot ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
From: Eric Botcazou <email@example.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 15:09:12 +0200
> this is an updated version of Konrad Eisele's patch from 2011:
> It defines a new LEON architecture, which is V8 with 3 additional instructions:
> umac/smac a la SPARClet and casa a la V9. I don't think switching to V8+ would
> be really appropriate, so LEON is essentially treated as V8 by binutils.
> Tested for sparc-elf and with a patched compiler, OK for mainline?
Please define something like "v9andleon" or similar instead of doing
the "v9|MASK_LEON" stuff.
Otherwise this looks fine to me.