This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH/AARCH64] Fix alignment of rela section for ILP32
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <andrew dot pinski at caviumnetworks dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 13:11:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/AARCH64] Fix alignment of rela section for ILP32
- References: <CA+=Sn1kCQWTiKG_digaW0RT0AjfkN2SG3-1ApnGeevr0vDdKgw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 24 July 2013 00:41, Andrew Pinski <email@example.com> wrote:
> When getting glibc support working for ILP32 I noticed that rela
> sections were incorrectly being aligned which caused the overall rela
> section (due to combing relocas being the default) to have garbage in
> it. This patch fixes the problem by using LOG_FILE_ALIGN instead of 3
> in the place where the sections are created in
> OK? Build and tested on aarch64-elf and aarch64-linux-gnu (with some
> additional patches applied).
> Andrew Pinski
OK, thank you.