This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, ARM]: Fix SB group relocations
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: John Tytgat <john at bass-software dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "nickc at redhat dot com" <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:49:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, ARM]: Fix SB group relocations
- References: <51cd3a6b53 dot Jo at hobbes dot bass-software dot com> <51E92EB7 dot 2010307 at arm dot com> <34d7127153 dot Jo at hobbes dot bass-software dot com>
On 26/07/13 03:10, John Tytgat wrote:
--- ld/testsuite/ld-arm/group-relocs-ldrs-bad.s 15 Jun 2006 11:03:02 -0000 1.1
+++ ld/testsuite/ld-arm/group-relocs-ldrs-bad.s 14 Jul 2013 16:45:03 -0000
@@ -6,8 +6,8 @@
- add r0, r0, #:sb_g0_nc:(bar)
- ldrd r2, [r0, #:sb_g1:(bar)]
+ add r0, r0, #:pc_g0_nc:(bar)
+ ldrd r2, [r0, #:pc_g1:(bar + 4)]
@ We will place the section foo at 0x8000100.
Why have you changed this test from SB relative to PC relative? That
means it no-longer tests the same thing.
We originally had 4 linker groups tests : group-relocs-alu-bad,
group-relocs-ldc-bad, group-relocs-ldr-bad and group-relocs-ldrs-bad.
The first two were pc-based, the last two were sb-based. I've changed the
last two in pc-based as well and added 4 new sb-based tests.
I think the 's' in the test name (ldrs) is supposed to indicate that
this is sb based. I'd rather you add new tests than changed existing
ones. It's not as though the gas testsuite takes a long time to run
(relative to the compiler at any rate).