This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [x86-64 psABI]: Extend x86-64 psABI to support AVX-512
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "Girkar, Milind" <milind dot girkar at intel dot com>, "Kreitzer, David L" <david dot l dot kreitzer at intel dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 08:26:58 -0700
- Subject: Re: [x86-64 psABI]: Extend x86-64 psABI to support AVX-512
- References: <CAMe9rOrvMxSLj3LcYBs71tVdw6C0vJFKD2HxvnoHc13UamftwA at mail dot gmail dot com> <ddab98c2-bb3b-4d02-b403-e7d5690cfe00 at email dot android dot com>
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Richard Biener
> "H.J. Lu" <email@example.com> wrote:
>>Here is a patch to extend x86-64 psABI to support AVX-512:
> Afaik avx 512 doubles the amount of xmm registers. Can we get them callee saved please?
Make them callee saved means we need to change ld.so to
preserve them and we need to change unwind library to
support them. It is certainly doable.