This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH/AARCH64] Fix elfNN_aarch64_howto_from_bfd_reloc for BFD_RELOC_AARCH64_NONE and ILP32
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:14:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/AARCH64] Fix elfNN_aarch64_howto_from_bfd_reloc for BFD_RELOC_AARCH64_NONE and ILP32
- References: <CA+=Sn1kA7eMsQBB20vYcdvQzGMVgQ=i9H-Xwzng3wU-5bxeeEQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 23/07/13 22:45, Andrew Pinski wrote:
The problem here is that the type inside elfNN_aarch64_howto_table
for BFD_RELOC_AARCH64_NONE is 0 since that is the relocation number of
NONE so we return NULL from elfNN_aarch64_howto_from_bfd_reloc but
when really wanted to return a real howto. This happens with TLS
relaxation code when it is recording a relocation as being none.
This fixes the problem by explicitly checking for
BFD_RELOC_AARCH64_NONE and returning elfNN_aarch64_howto_none.
OK? Built and tested on aarch64-elf and aarch64-linux-gnu (with a few
extra patches which adds ilp32 support).
* elfnn-aarch64.c (elfNN_aarch64_howto_from_bfd_reloc): Handle
Looks OK to me.