This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch, AArch64] Add GAS target-specific command line option -mabi=<abi_name>
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 14:18:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, AArch64] Add GAS target-specific command line option -mabi=<abi_name>
- References: <51E9173E dot 9070807 at arm dot com> <51E91B88 dot 4030804 at redhat dot com> <51E9218A dot 7080904 at arm dot com>
* You should issue an error message if the old (now deprecated)
-milp32 or -mlp64 command line options are used.
I agree that in general the deprecation shall communicate more friendly
error message to the existing usage, but in this particular case, I
think it is less required to do so as it is very unlikely -milp32 and
-mlp64 have been used by the community so far. The options were added
only a few weeks ago and the related patch for the gcc driver has not
been committed to the upstream yet. So I think it shall be fine to
simply remove the support for the two options. What do you think?
Oh fine - I did not check how long the options had been present. What
you say makes sense, so please ignore my comment on this part of the patch.