This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch, AArch64] Add GAS target-specific command line option -mabi=<abi_name>
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:57:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, AArch64] Add GAS target-specific command line option -mabi=<abi_name>
- References: <51E9173E dot 9070807 at arm dot com>
This patch replaces the gas command line options -milp32 and -mlp64 with
-mabi=ilp32 and -mabi=lp64 respectively. This will unify the ABI
command line user interface with that of the compiler. Separate patch
updating the compiler driver will be sent shortly.
I see a couple of small problems with this patch:
* You should issue an error message if the old (now deprecated)
-milp32 or -mlp64 command line options are used.
* You are testing membership of an enum using a binary AND operator:
#define ilp32_p (aarch64_abi & AARCH64_ABI_ILP32)
Ie, I think that this should be:
#define ilp32_p (aarch64_abi == AARCH64_ABI_ILP32)
Other than that, the patch looks fine.