This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: MIPS local symbol GOT reservation w/o a reference relocation
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Jack Carter <Jack dot Carter at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 23:15:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: MIPS local symbol GOT reservation w/o a reference relocation
- References: <4CEFBC1BE64A8048869F799EF2D2EEEE01AA7D31 at BADAG02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org>
Jack Carter <Jack.Carter@imgtec.com> writes:
> I need to reserve and then create a local got entry for IFUNC symbols
> even when there are no reference relocations for it. This is the case
> when the dso being created has just the IFUNC definitions.
I think it'd be better to avoid that if possible and have the IPLT entries
use .igot.plt instead. Entries in .got proper can be a bit of a scarce
resource in larger links. Using .igot.plt would also avoid having to
deal with the interaction between these entries and multigot, which believe
me would be a good thing :-)
How are you going to deal with IRELATIVE entries in the primary
(ABI-defined) GOT? Are there going to be a new set of dynamic tags to mark
out an IRELATIVE area, separate from the normal local and global areas?