This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 4/5] New target port: Andes 'nds32'. (ld)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Kuan-Lin Chen <kuanlinchentw at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 16:51:30 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/5] New target port: Andes 'nds32'. (ld)
- References: <CAJr6u0jekScnN7M73jYswFvfYNUi8fFePRP4vHGk7S+cPSK2RA at mail dot gmail dot com>
As with the assembler patch, this patch is missing documentation; you have
architecture-specific linker options, so need to document them in
> * scripttempl/nds32elf.sc}: New file for nds32 support.
Please don't add new variant copies of elf.sc like this. By forking
elf.sc you are, as just one example, missing DWARF 3 sections that elf.sc
gets from DWARF.sc. Of course that individual issue could be fixed by
using DWARF.sc from this script, but instead it's better to make elf.sc
handle more variables as needed so it can do what you need for your port.
If it really isn't possible to use elf.sc, you need to explain why, and
justify every difference between elf.sc and your script as being actually
necessary for your port rather than just resulting from having forked an
old version of elf.sc and not merged in more recent elf.sc changes since
Joseph S. Myers