This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 3/5] New target port: Andes 'nds32'. (gas)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Kuan-Lin Chen <kuanlinchentw at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 16:46:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/5] New target port: Andes 'nds32'. (gas)
- References: <CAJr6u0heVGU2kYOWh_5TR2b+x=sMOGH0xfCc3y5LCGA3tqCqEQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
This patch has several FIXME / TODO / "Review" comments, which should be
reviewed and, as appropriate, fixed. There are also "COLE" comments; I
don't know what that means, but comments should be readily intelligible to
anyone reading the sources, so I advise avoiding such codewords.
You seem to have a lot of conditionals in tc-nds32.c for changing the
defaults of particular features - but nothing in configure.in that would
actually allow anyone to use those conditionals. I think such
conditionals are a bad idea and should be removed; just make GCC pass
appropriate configuration to the assembler, whether by command-line
options, directives in the .s file, or both.
As has already been noted, this patch is missing documentation for the
port. When documenting command-line options for the assembler, see
<http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2010-11/msg00397.html> for instructions
on how to get the documentation in all the right places without needing to
Joseph S. Myers