This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gas replaces instructions on sparc
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Ilya Basin <basinilya at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 18:00:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: gas replaces instructions on sparc
- References: <1944513181 dot 20130707192759 at gmail dot com>
> I have this in my .S file:
> clr %o3
> but in the compiled .o file I have:
> mov %g0, %o3
> Why does it happen?
Because clr isn't a SPARC instruction, it's a "synthethic" instruction which
is a "or %g0,%g0," under the hood. And mov isn't a SPARC instruction either,
it's also a "synthethic" instruction which is a "or %g0," under the hood.