This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [BFD] COFF support for TIC6x
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Wojciech Migda <wojtek dot golf at interia dot pl>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:01:27 +0000
- Subject: Re: [BFD] COFF support for TIC6x
- References: <mojpkoqphmzxshtmkbsm at xmak>
On Thu, 27 Jun 2013, Wojciech Migda wrote:
> BFD from 2.23.2 version of binutils provides only ELF support for TIC6X.
> Is tic6x-*-coff somewhere in the making ? If not, which reading
> resources would you recommend if one would be interested in adding
> support for tic6x-*-coff in BFD ?
As explained in the EABI (SPRAB89), "TI's compiler tools support both the
new EABI and the older COFF ABI, although we encourage migration to the
new ABI as support for the COFF ABI may be discontinued in the future.".
It's not clear that adding support for an ABI that is being phased out is
useful. Note that GCC, for example, no longer supports any bare-metal
COFF platforms, because bare-metal has migrated so completely to ELF in
the GNU world.
That said, SPRAAO8 (not to be confused with SPRAA08) describes the C6X
Joseph S. Myers