This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] MIPS: Compressed PLT/stubs support
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, Catherine Moore <clm at codesourcery dot com>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:49:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] MIPS: Compressed PLT/stubs support
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1302072108300 dot 6762 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <87621mwt3l dot fsf at talisman dot default> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1303010513590 dot 6762 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <20130311135334 dot GF3264 at adacore dot com>
On Mon, 11 Mar 2013, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > Of course it's still possible that a fortnight away you'll still not
> > have rolled 7.6 out for one reason or another, but assuming that all
> > goes well, what is the prospect of having 7.7 released before
> > binutils 2.24?
> We have several options if you miss 7.6. We can look at a 7.6.1,
> for instance. And if binutils keeps to its current typical pace
> of 1 major release a year, with the last one being around Oct,
> GDB 7.7 should also be out by then.
Thanks for the details, I'll keep an eye on upcoming releases now that
the change has finally gone in, and I hope we won't need a special GDB
7.6.1 release, although I recall the binutils 2.23 release was a little
bit later last year than originally scheduled (i.e. late Aug/early Sep).