This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch, AArch64, ILP32] 5/5 Improve the debugging experience with the generated file
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- To: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, ddaney dot cavm at gmail dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:57:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, AArch64, ILP32] 5/5 Improve the debugging experience with the generated file
- References: <51C4919B dot 1010407 at arm dot com> <51C49686 dot 9030106 at arm dot com>
On 21/06/13 19:08, Yufeng Zhang wrote:
This patch adds a #line directive at the beginning of the generated file
(elf32-aarch64.c and elf64-aarch64.c) so that the generated debug
information points to the template file instead.
OK for the trunk?
I'm no great fan of the 'sed' mechanism either. However it is existing
practice in BFD and on that basis I think it reasonable to take these
patches in their current form. Structural improvements to BFD would be
welcome, but are a separate issue.