This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [MIPS] Check info->executable to create DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP
- From: David Daney <ddaney dot cavm at gmail dot com>
- To: Chao-Ying Fu <Chao-Ying dot Fu at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, 'Richard Sandiford' <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 17:17:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: [MIPS] Check info->executable to create DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP
- References: <81D57523CB07B24881D63DE650C6ED82018D72B7 at BADAG02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org>
On 06/21/2013 05:00 PM, Chao-Ying Fu wrote:
When using "-pie", LD doesn't create the DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP entry,
because LD checks "!info->shared" and the "-pie" flag sets "info->shared" to true.
Note that LD checks "info->executable" to create DT_DEBUG, and
creating DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP should be similar to creating DT_DEBUG.
/* SGI object has the equivalence of DT_DEBUG in the
DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP entry. This must come first because glibc
only fills in DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP (not DT_DEBUG) and some tools
may only look at the first one they see. */
&& !MIPS_ELF_ADD_DYNAMIC_ENTRY (info, DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP, 0))
Probably you want info->executable here too.
I have tried simple programs with -pie and they seem to work as is.
What failures are you seeing? Does the libgcc unwinder use this?
In any event, you could test changing this.
/* The DT_DEBUG entry may be filled in by the dynamic linker and
used by the debugger. */
&& !SGI_COMPAT (output_bfd)
&& !MIPS_ELF_ADD_DYNAMIC_ENTRY (info, DT_DEBUG, 0))
Any feedback about checking "info->executable" to create DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP and related stuffs?
Thanks a lot!