This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch, AArch64] Fix ld ifunc test failures in aarch64-*-elf
- From: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:22:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, AArch64] Fix ld ifunc test failures in aarch64-*-elf
- References: <51BB1972 dot 6060609 at arm dot com> <CANu=DmjCun5CHSp9qaehBz72n7SPVGhJri-pfzsoNJ=b5eBt-Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 06/14/13 15:05, Will Newton wrote:
On 14 June 2013 14:24, Yufeng Zhang<Yufeng.Zhang@arm.com> wrote:
The patch fixes the failures of the ld ifunc tests in aarch64-*-elf.
The failures are due to two reasons:
1. the expected dump contains hard-coded immediate offsets that seem to be
from the linux-gnu environment.
2. the change to emulparams/aarch64elf.sh of adding IREL_IN_PLT seems to be
forgotten to commit; this causes the mismatch of relocation section name
(.rela.plt versus .rela.dyn). This missing change was mentioned in the
changelog entry for the original ifunc patch.
Oh dear, this suggests I applied an out of date patch. My apologies. :-(
I don't understand the ifunc-2-local.s change however.
I noticed that ifunc-2-local.s and ifunc-2.s were the same so I updated
the former according to the difference between their ifunc1 peers.
Correct me if it was intended.