This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Gold] Skip linking when output file is newer than all inputs?
- From: Niklas HambÃchen <mail at nh2 dot me>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:08:09 +0800
- Subject: Re: [Gold] Skip linking when output file is newer than all inputs?
- References: <51BB004B dot 8050200 at nh2 dot me> <CAKOQZ8zpxoRrc0_Cv59o7UUnbMsjWX3Cmg8teMApVqxcJEpVWA at mail dot gmail dot com>
> If I understand you correctly, that's what the make program is for. I
> don't think gold needs to have the same functionality.
That's not what I meant, in a Makefile you usually have no way to
actually depend on a big number of ld inputs - for example when they are
in system paths and you reference them by name (e.g. -l...); the logic
to select from these paths is inside the linker program.