This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Gold] Skip linking when output file is newer than all inputs?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Niklas Hambüchen <mail at nh2 dot me>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 06:55:13 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Gold] Skip linking when output file is newer than all inputs?
- References: <51BB004B dot 8050200 at nh2 dot me>
On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 4:36 AM, Niklas Hambüchen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Is it possible to skip linking altogether when an existing output
> executable is newer than all inputs?
If I understand you correctly, that's what the make program is for. I
don't think gold needs to have the same functionality.