This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch, AArch64] Fix relocation bug related to ifunc handling
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- To: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:01:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, AArch64] Fix relocation bug related to ifunc handling
- References: <51BACD8D dot 8000904 at arm dot com>
On 14/06/13 09:00, Yufeng Zhang wrote:
The patch fixes an issue when relocating instructions where
STT_GNU_IFUNC symbols are involved. The back-end specific resolving
function shall be called instead of the generic version, as some
instructions like ADRP have multiple bit-fields to relocate.
OK to commit?
* elf64-aarch64.c (elf64_aarch64_final_link_relocate): Call
aarch64_resolve_relocation and bfd_elf_aarch64_put_addend to
handle the relocations of R_AARCH64_JUMP26, R_AARCH64_CALL26,
R_AARCH64_LD64_GOT_LO12_NC, R_AARCH64_ADR_GOT_PAGE and
* ld-aarch64/aarch64-elf.exp: Add 'ifunc-7c'.
* ld-aarch64/ifunc-7c.d: New test.
This looks sensible, but doesn't appear to resolve any of the g++
testsuite regressions for aarch64-linux-gnu I reported seeing yesterday.