This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold] Enable plugins by default?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:35:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gold] Enable plugins by default?
- References: <CAHACq4poCn3n4NfRdczyutFwXyfgS4j4Ug4RkXiMdvXRVSLnGQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM, Cary Coutant <email@example.com> wrote:
> PR gold/15599 points out that plugins are enabled for Gnu ld by
> default, but configuring with --enable-gold leaves you without plugin
> support. Does anyone know any reason not to make --enable-plugins=yes
> the default for gold?
Of course gold got plugins before GNU ld. But if they are the default
for GNU ld, they probably ought to be the default for gold. Both
linkers should ideally use the same set of configure tests to decide
whether to enable plugins.