This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: SEGMENT_START and -Ttext-segment
- From: Nick Clifton <nick at nickclifton dot clara dot co dot uk>
- To: Ryan Mansfield <rmansfield at qnx dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 16:10:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: SEGMENT_START and -Ttext-segment
- References: <51AE560A dot 6080503 at qnx dot com>
Is it the intended behaviour that -Ttext-segment must precede the linker
script option for it to override the default of SEGMENT_START specified
in the linker script?
but the docs say it's
override by the -T option. "If an explicit value has been given for this
segment (with a command-line `-T' option) that value will be returned;
otherwise the value will be default. "
A slip up in the documentation. The entry should really read:
If an explicit value has already been given for this
segment (with a command-line `-T' option) then that
value will be returned otherwise the value will be default.
The point is that SEGMENT_START is evaluated at the point in the command
line where it is encountered. (Or if it is in the default linker
script, then it is evaluated after all of the command line options have
I will update the documentation.