This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] sanity check bfd_is_section_compressed header
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 11:00:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] sanity check bfd_is_section_compressed header
- References: <201306051918 dot r55JIjb5003882 at greed dot delorie dot com> <CAHACq4r=h-5MG_XrK6_y=TmhZGgaMENCVnZHFVzq74qhVLbyPQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <201306052356 dot r55Nur9Q010748 at greed dot delorie dot com> <CAHACq4o49A71OboZ4=wrymoxeaeCfUM7ywbWi3E4JB70xLj6dw at mail dot gmail dot com> <201306061752 dot r56HqTjF018650 at greed dot delorie dot com>
> I did some digging and it looks like nothing in binutils will generate
> a .debug_* section that's compressed. Can other tools do so? Did I
> miss anything? If there can't be a compressed .debug_* "in the wild"
> then I think removing the check for .debug_* in that snippet is
> the right change.
Yes, I agree. At some point, we probably will start using
SHF_COMPRESSED with the .debug_* names, but then the proper check will
be for the section flag, not just looking at the contents of the
> Of course, the sanity check might be useful *also* :-)
Removing the test for ".debug_" looks good to me.