This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Gold] Question about the incorrect variable alignment if the alignment is greater than the page size
- From: Alexander Ivchenko <aivchenk at gmail dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 09:46:03 +0400
- Subject: Re: [Gold] Question about the incorrect variable alignment if the alignment is greater than the page size
- References: <CACysShirkNk_oLSTqSWZ9-YThCb_Gx=0jC-_KPh8ZwkWjxHJkQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKOQZ8xzLRdszqZQHVDLbTHu-hE63_82WekbUrBORBXEVkrvjg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CACysShipP91d92W3AH7MaLRXrDBEQ1en07DGpCgHEb1dF1nizA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKOQZ8yyB946sJ-FCi9vajyXhKLVOscmdLkfJ2aP5W6Dp37VXw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CACysShgVW_g2KW1cX9g5c_02D5SBYbYRo-bTtPx2jfq=N7NMeA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHACq4p-=HUHDPTWLrH037VDN5qP4GHdKxr93CpkXSVvcS=B=g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CACysShjhG2yZQorbYc-BHV37ouj=NBUOzVDaqGMj0PsZBGQyig at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHACq4q9fPmewWX7P4-FBf-9uARm4XvEFEUKpOyootOdRwej3A at mail dot gmail dot com>
2013/6/6 Cary Coutant <email@example.com>:
> 2013-06-05 Alexander Ivchenko <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * layout.cc (Layout::set_segment_offsets): Taking care of the case when
> the maximum segment alignment is larger than the page size.
> * testsuite/Makefile.am (large_symbol_alignment): Test that Gold
> correctly aligns the symbols with large alignemnt.
> * testsuite/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
> * testsuite/large_symbol_alignment.cc: New file.
> I've committed this patch on your behalf. Thanks for working on it!
Thanks! But it seems that you forgot to add the file
large_symbol_alignment.cc from the patch.. (I have it in the patch
that I attached above)
In make check-gold it lead to:
make: *** No rule to make target `large_symbol_alignment.cc',
needed by `large_symbol_alignment.o'. Stop.
make: Leaving directory `.../src/binutils_obj/gold/testsuite'