This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Don't align text/data/bss sections in x86 assembler
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <mcgrathr at google dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 11:09:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Don't align text/data/bss sections in x86 assembler
- References: <20130531173241 dot GA30259 at intel dot com> <CAB=4xhqoDKXgE1bzD+tj0CaS3ro+8jpEXPnziOcAVMg2hheQNA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOp=pJDW-9xG9NJWe4u1w-9SvqKQf-2=dOwaovwWYG=WDA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAB=4xhri7vuQ_0PBR0CGmb2wNHP71gLXg1+duT2fSQyagPgzhA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Roland McGrath <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 9:12 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I prefer to disable them for NACL and add new tests for NACL.
> Why? I don't see how the address constants are material to the size tests.
If you can find a workable hack, it is fine with me.