This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Translation robot not up to date for binutils
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Philipp Thomas <pth at suse dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 17:03:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: Translation robot not up to date for binutils
- References: <20130528113442 dot GB5500 at paradies dot suse dot de> <51A4FF0C dot 7070204 at translationproject dot org> <20FB08CB-83DB-4C26-897C-EDAE056937E6 at adacore dot com> <20130529144659 dot GA11721 at paradies dot suse dot de>
On May 29, 2013, at 4:46 PM, Philipp Thomas <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> * Tristan Gingold (email@example.com) [20130529 09:45]:
>> Yes, that's the policy I follow. Very few message changes are expected
>> between prerelease and releases.
> With that policy you make it impossible for translators to check in their
> messages if they correctly name the release they are meant for. It will
> confuse folks like me if I have to compile 2.22.90 to have them for 2.23.x
> and it will likewise confuse users that want to download translations from
> the TP when they see that the TP lists a development version as latest.
So, what's your proposal ?
IMHO, it wouldn't make sense to announce to TP the release once it is released.