This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: GAS, ARM: 'str.w' instruction crashes
- From: Jens Bauer <jens at plustv dot dk>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Sebastian Huber <sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 15:46:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: GAS, ARM: 'str.w' instruction crashes
- References: <20130526115823802336 dot 87f17af1 at gpio dot dk> <51A1EE94 dot 2020607 at embedded-brains dot de> <CANu=DmjF2BoKWS66OnE7rCrwO5w4D=tgXWbTX5sH2ozpGLE80w at mail dot gmail dot com>
Hi Will and Sebastian.
On Sun, 26 May 2013 13:01:46 +0100, Will Newton wrote:
> On 26 May 2013 12:14, Sebastian Huber <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> ...Is the str.w r6,[pc,#164] instruction generated correctly (I can't find the opcode documentation anywhere) ?
>> It is documented in the ARM Architecture Reference Manual.
This manual helps a lot, thanks! :)
>>> ...If it is, does anyone know why it would crash ?
>> This instruction is UNDEFINED for Rn == '1111' (which is R15 or PC) in the T2 encoding for ARMv7.
Now it makes sense. =)
>> Should complain about this?
> I believe this is fixed (i.e. it prints an error) with the HEAD version of gas.
Excellent. Thank you both! :)