This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: GAS, ARM: 'str.w' instruction crashes
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Sebastian Huber <sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 13:01:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: GAS, ARM: 'str.w' instruction crashes
- References: <20130526115823802336 dot 87f17af1 at gpio dot dk> <51A1EE94 dot 2020607 at embedded-brains dot de>
On 26 May 2013 12:14, Sebastian Huber
> On 26/05/13 11:58, Jens Bauer wrote:
>> ...Is the str.w r6,[pc,#164] instruction generated correctly (I can't find
>> the opcode documentation anywhere) ?
> It is documented in the ARM Architecture Reference Manual.
>> ...If it is, does anyone know why it would crash ?
> This instruction is UNDEFINED for Rn == '1111' (which is R15 or PC) in the
> T2 encoding for ARMv7.
> Should complain about this?
I believe this is fixed (i.e. it prints an error) with the HEAD version of gas.
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro