This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] msp430 instruction decoder
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: nickc at redhat dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org, kevinb at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 01:48:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC] msp430 instruction decoder
- References: <20130516150246 dot 2463f977 at mesquite dot lan> <201305171354 dot 20292 dot vapier at gentoo dot org> <519C9A46 dot 4010302 at redhat dot com> <201305230116 dot 28453 dot vapier at gentoo dot org>
> - in msp430_decode_opcode, are the multiple macro calls on the same line on=20
> purpose, or should those get fixed to be one per line ? for example:
> ID (dopc_to_id (dopc)); ASX (sreg, as, srxt_bits); ADX (dreg, a, dsxt_bits);=20
> ABW (al_bit, b);
On purpose. The order of the macros is important, and they typically
correspond to bits in the bit pattern above it. So the "common"
macros that pull out fields were kept on one line.
Plus, the source would be very white-heavy if you had one tiny macro
on each line ;-)