This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold patch] RFC: Add extra note when 'vtable for C' is undefined
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 12:46:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gold patch] RFC: Add extra note when 'vtable for C' is undefined
- References: <CAHACq4pERm+JYnoX7u57zUpBn3jJzBuC3dZ5Se_dwnZqGh7sEQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Cary Coutant <email@example.com> wrote:
> Ian, I'm doing a simple check for "_ZTV" here -- for a bit of extra
> portability, I could also demangle the symbol name into components and
> look for DEMANGLE_COMPONENT_VTABLE, but it just didn't seem worth it.
> Also, I could have put the check in gold_undefined_symbol_at_location,
> or in Errors::undefined_symbol. Do you have any preference?
I think that where you have it is fine, especially if you wind up
making it smarter.