This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: GNU LD: Linker script generating incorrect address
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Jens Bauer <jens-lists at gpio dot dk>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 21:12:15 +0930
- Subject: Re: GNU LD: Linker script generating incorrect address
- References: <20130521062602780057 dot 62ec95fc at gpio dot dk> <20130521053016 dot GE9651 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20130521100851904201 dot d72777f3 at gpio dot dk> <20130521084720 dot GG9651 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20130521112719906738 dot 80fae95d at gpio dot dk>
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:27:19AM +0200, Jens Bauer wrote:
> -But if ld needs to be compatible with an older version, the older
> version might not handle these as I expect them to be handled.
> ...So if I didn't use SIZEOF (which I do now), it seems the problem
> could be solved by using LD_FEATURE("SANE_EXPR"), am I right ?
No, that only affects the way absolute symbols and numbers are
treated. Symbols defined inside output section statements remain
Australia Development Lab, IBM