This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: GNU LD: Linker script generating incorrect address
- From: Jens Bauer <jens-lists at gpio dot dk>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:08:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: GNU LD: Linker script generating incorrect address
- References: <20130521062602780057 dot 62ec95fc at gpio dot dk> <20130521053016 dot GE9651 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
Thank you for your reply explanation on what's wrong.
I've read these (online):
-Are those the ones the same as the "ld info doc" ?
($info ld does not give anything useful at my end)
If they are, I've read the section about linker scripts 4 times now and still haven't come across any place explaining what not to do, regarding symbols.
On Tue, 21 May 2013 15:00:16 +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 06:26:02AM +0200, Jens Bauer wrote:
>> Am I doing something completely wrong anywhere ?
> Yes, you posted here without first reading the ld info doc.
> You're defining symbols inside output section statements. They don't
> have the values you think they do. In particular, your _lustack is a
> symbol relative to the start of .ustack.