This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Solved] GAS: Register equates ?
- From: Erik Christiansen <dvalin at internode dot on dot net>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 17:54:29 +1000
- Subject: Re: [Solved] GAS: Register equates ?
- References: <20130518054245827615 dot e692b26e at gpio dot dk> <20130518064813645924 dot e7189647 at gpio dot dk>
- Reply-to: dvalin at internode dot on dot net
On 18.05.13 06:48, Jens Bauer wrote:
> > So my question is: Is it possible to create register-equates in GAS ?
> I figured out (by going through the GAS source) that I need to use...
> myReg .req r12
> -This seems to work. :)
For ARM, according to "info gas". There's a description in "9.3.4 ARM
Machine Directives". (Is an "apt-get install binutils-doc" perhaps
For other architectures, I find that either:
; Register synonyms:
Z = 30 ; r31:r30 (e.g. For use with adiw)
ZL = 30 ; r30
ZH = 31 ; r31
.equ r30, 30
.equ r31, 31
work fine on those tried.
A unit of documentation. There are always three or more on a given item.
One is on the shelf; someone has the others.
The information you need is in the others. - Ray Simard